The aims of the University Farm are to:
- Provide a teaching resource to the Department of Veterinary Medicine.
- Manage livestock operations in ways that demonstrate animal welfare best practice and produce high quality outputs.
- Farm in a sustainable manner, including maintaining and enhancing the conservation value of the farm.
- To manage the farm as commercially as possible without conflicting with the other objectives.
- Manage the land bank around Cambridge and release it for academic or other uses when required by the University.
Cambridge University Farm (CUF) aspires to be an exemplar centre for teaching, animal welfare and the production of high quality outputs, benefiting the broader student experience by giving veterinary students exposure to good or best practice which, where possible, is supported by CUF demonstrating that this is to the benefit of the farmer.